Didn’t see anything over the weekend other than Matt Whipkey’s show.
This week, I might go see goofy/terrible comedian Neil Hamburger at the Waiting Room on Wednesday. The weekend brings the Nebraska Pop Festival in Benson and the Maha Music Festival on the riverfront. I’ll probably hit up Maha in the afternoon for the locals as well as Army Navy and Appleseed Cast.
Now, I bring you headlines!
• Andrew from MGMT talked to NME about working on the band’s new album while hanging out at V Festival.
• Speaking of V Festival, Katy Perry donned more fruit-inspired clothing. Must say, I’m surprised and impressed that she can play guitar.
• Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs did the soundtrack to “Where the Wild Things Are.” Check out “All is Love” by Karen O & the Kids over at MySpace.
• Daniel Johnston (a great performance at Slowdown recently) is putting out a new album, “Is And Always Was,” on Oct. 6. Listen to a new track:
“Freedom” by Daniel Johnston
• Saddle Creek’s Orenda Fink (half of Azure Ray, half of O+S, part of Art in Manila and spouse of The Faint’s Todd Fink) is putting out a new album in October.
• If you want a cool internship, Paste Magazine is taking applications.
Today’s Mail: Colin Hay, Brakes Brakes Brakes, Chris Young, Mutemath, Chevelle, Port O’Brien. A weird day for mail. Why? I’ve actually heard of all of these bands. To be honest, most of the time I get really, really obscure crap.
Things that I think would make a good…
Band name: Toxic Shock Syndrome, Me With You Too, Egyptian Suitcase
Album or song title: “Modus Operandi”