Today, I got the new Animal Collective EP and finally got a chance to hear Jay-Z’s “Blueprint 3″ (it came out months ago… I’m a little behind).
I also spoke to Trent Dabbs from Nashville music collective Ten Out of Tenn and singer Jeremy DePoyster from metal heads The Devil Wears Prada. Tomorrow, I’m talking to Chris Carraba from Dashboard Confessional.
Enjoy some music news headlines:
• Sigur Ros is going to score a new film.
• iTunes is offering up a new section of live material. Looks like there’s a connection with Live Nation-owned venues.
• Spin checks out the inside of Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig’s apartment.
• Spinner picks its best songs of the aughts.
• The Strokes did a new album.
• The Pixies have their own shoes. I’d rather have these shoes without all the Pixies stuff all over them, but that’s me.
• Blender examines why bands that never did festivals before are now flocking to them.
• Blender also talks to Art Alexakis of Everclear. Remember them? “Father of Mine,” “Everything to Everyone,” “Santa Monica” and about 12 other songs were 90s radio.
• Check out Paramore’s new video for “Brick By Boring Brick.” Hayley Williams looks like she went blonde.
• And for my favorite link of the day: The Muppets do “Bohemian Rhapsody.” Hells yes.
From the “fake news” dept.: Nation’s Music Snobs Protest Predictable Use Of Metallica, Pantera To Torture Prisoners
Powered by Facebook Comments