It’s been awhile since I’ve done this, but here’s the latest in music news for you, dear reader.
• Mumford & Sons announced a fall tour that takes them all over the U.S., except Omaha. There’s a date in between Denver and Minneapolis that they have nothing booked. Someone in Omaha should book them before someone in Kansas City or Des Moines does.
• Check out a review and setlist of Brandon Flowers’ first solo show in Vegas. Did he do any Killers songs?
• Tonight at the Waiting Room is the Watson Twins, who got billing on Jenny Lewis’ first solo album and tour and opened for M. Ward last year at Slowdown. I talked to Chandra, one of the twins to preview tonight’s show.
• Saddle Creek Records band Land of Talk posted “making of” photos on Facebook for the video of “Quarry Hymns.”
• Who’s playing the New York Jets’ home opener? Green Day and Slash. But not together. If they did, that would be a weird set.
• 33 years ago on this date, Elvis Presley kicked the bucket. CMT looks at their 10 favorite performances by the King.
• Has anyone been aching for some Belle & Sebastian? Well, you’re going to get plenty now that they’ve announced an album released date, album cover and TV show.