It’s a busy week for music coming up, which is why I wrote a whole bunch of stuff for GO. Here’s what you can read from me this week:
• Tonight, Girl Talk will turn Stir Cove into a big old dance off. I talked to Gregg Gillis last week.
• LeAnn Rimes starts a three-day stand with the Omaha Symphony on Friday.
• On Sunday, The Head And The Heart will play a sold-out show at The Waiting Room. I spoke to bassist Chris Zasche about the band’s start and rise.
• Local singer/songwriter Dan McCarthy releases a new album with McCarthy Trenching, “Fresh Blood,” next week with three shows. He welcomed me into his home with coffee and ragtime.
• After you see McCarthy perform at Saddle Creek Shop on Tuesday, you can go next door and see The Smashing Pumpkins play at Slowdown (if you were lucky enough to get tickets, that is). I’m told by 1% Productions that all tickets were in an online shopping cart within 30 seconds. All transactions were final within 20 minutes.
Powered by Facebook Comments