As always, there are plenty of good opportunities to listen to live music this weekend. These are my picks for the things that you should check out.
• Ladyfinger’s release show tonight with The Seen will be a good one at The Waiting Room Lounge. As mentioned in my column, Ladyfinger will hopefully add a keyboard and/or organ player. Plus their new album rocks. It’s a 9 p.m. show. $8.
• It’s also Benson First Friday, so there’s lots of events and shows going down in the Benson neighborhood. Should be some good stuff to find out.
• Hot Water Music plays with The Menzingers and La Dispute on Saturday at Slowdown. HearNebraska.org’s Bryce Wergin has a lengthy interview with The Menzingers’ Tom May. It’s an 8 p.m. show and a hefty $20 to get in.
• Also on Saturday is the Omaha Symphony’s “James Bond and Beyond” concert. I did a lengthy write-up over at Omaha.com.
• Sunday is the Super Bowl, and (though some of you will mock it) most of you will be watching that. In fact, I can’t find a single show going on Sunday night. Enjoy the football.