If shows are your thing, there’s a lot to do this weekend. Let’s get right into it: My picks for the best things going down.
• UUVVWWZ has a new album out. (Read about it in my column.) They’re playing tonight at the Bourbon Theatre in Lincoln and on Saturday at The Waiting Room Lounge. Both should be fun. $8 at the Bourbon and $7 at TWR.
• Noah’s Ark Was a Spaceship will play O’Leaver’s tonight with Ego Death (formerly called Sun Settings) and Killer Blow. Noah’s Ark will be all the more visceral when they’re standing in front of you on the floor of O’Leaver’s. $5.
• Swedish metal band In Flames will hit the stage at the Bourbon on Saturday, in case you need to slam this weekend. They’re one of the biggest death metal bands around these days. $25 in advance or $29 day of show.
• Funny guy Judah Friedlander is celebrating the end of “30 Rock” by doing some comedy. See him Sunday at The Waiting Room. Before you go, check out OWH reporter Cara Pesek’s interview with Friedlander. $18 in advance or $20 day of show.
• Rounding out the weekend is Ty Segall, the garagey singer-songwriter who can’t sit down without making a new band (Fuzz, The Perverts) or a new recording (“Twins” and “The Hill” both came out in 2012). He’s taking things to Sokol Underground with Ex-Cult, Digital Leather and ZATH on Sunday night, and it should be a wild time. Tickets are $13 over at etix.com.
Powered by Facebook Comments