Jennifer Connelly and Greg Kinnear will take center stage in “Stuck in Love,” an indie drama film about a novelist, his ex-wife and their kids.
But the music of Mike Mogis and Nate Walcott of Bright Eyes will be in the background of the whole film.
Also on the recently revealed soundtrack listing are one new track from Conor Oberst and another by Mogis, Walcott and Big Harp.
Oberst’s track, “You Are Your Mother’s Child,” was performed on his recent solo tour, including the Omaha show that I reviewed. A less-cheesy “Cat’s In the Cradle,” the song is about watching a child grow up. At the time, Oberst apologized for the “exceptionally sentimental” song, but I think it’s that vibe that produces his best songwriting.
The Mogis, Walcott, Big Harp composition is “At Your Door,” and if the lush instrumentation from that song is any indication, the original score for the film will be worth hearing.
“My pipe dream was to have Bright Eyes, my favorite band, score the film,” the film’s writer/director Josh Boone told broadwayworld.com.
Boone has said he was a fan of Bright Eyes since “Fevers and Mirrors” and he asked the film’s music supervisors to bring Bright Eyes on board the film.
“Not only did they make that happen, bringing the great Mike Mogis and Nathaniel Walcott on board, but Conor Oberst generously contributed an original song that fit so perfectly into the fabric of the film that I still get goosebumps every time I hear it.”
Rounding out the Omaha connection to the soundtrack is Bright Eyes’ “The Calendar Hung Itself” and Omaha native Elliott Smith’s “Between the Bars.”
“Music is one of the most powerful tools a filmmaker can use to evoke emotion,” Boone said. “I am forever indebted to the great musicians who lent us theirs to help bring this film to life.”
The soundtrack is available digitally now and will be out on CD and vinyl June 11. The CD features a few bonus tracks. Check out the tracklist.
CD Track Listing
1. Nosebleed (Score) (1:25)
2. At Your Door by Nathaniel Walcott and Mike Mogis featuring Big Harp (2:55)
3. Peeping Tom (Score) (1:48)
4. You Are Your Mother’s Child by Conor Oberst (3:56)
5. American Man by Rio Bravo (4:00)
6. Polkadot by Like Pioneers (3:01)
7. Rusty Tucks Kate In (Score) (1:25)
8. Will You Be By Me by Wallpaper Airplanes (5:45)
9. Goodbye (Score) (2:05)
10. I Won’t Love You Any Less by Nat & Alex Wolff (3:10)
11. Between the Bars by Elliott Smith (2:21)
12. Bill Gets Dressed (Score) (1:26)
13. The Calendar Hung Itself… by Bright Eyes (3:56)
14. Bill Tells Sam the Truth (Score) (1:38)
15. A Mountain, A Peak by Bill Ricchini (4:12)
16. Erica At The Door (Score) (1:08)
17. Somersaults In Spring by Friends of Gemini (4:47)
Friends of Gemini are Corina Figueroa Escamilla, lead vocals; Nik Freitas, vocals; Mike Mogis, guitars and bass; Nathaniel Walcott, keyboards; Clark Baechle, drums.
Powered by Facebook Comments